If you are eligible to participate in the caucus ( see Requirements ) you can run for office.
- Be sure that you can fulfill the duties of the office.
- County delegates are expected to attend 2 conventions, one on April 16 2016, and one in 2017.
- State delegates are expected to attend 2 conventions, one on April 23 2016, and one in 2017
- Precinct Chair and Vice Chair are expected to attend quarterly Central Committee Meetings
- It is suggested that you file for office in advance, so your name can appear on the absentee ballot ( see this article ), but pre-filing is not required.
- Prospective candidates should arrive at 6:00 for the “Meet the Candidates” time. However not all precincts are hosting this so check with the person who is running the caucus. You may hand out fliers if you wish.
- At the meeting, nominations will be opened for each office in turn. Those whose names appear on the same day ballot are automatically nominated. You may nominate yourself. Nominations are not to be closed until anyone wishing to make a nomination has has opportunity to do so.
- Candidates will usually have some opportunity to give a short speech, around a minute or two, in which you can explain your philosophy and why you should be elected.